Monday, July 31, 2017

Rabbit tastes like chicken




Well hello there folks. Long time no see. I am sorry for not writing an email last week but I'll write an extra long one just for you Grandma Rodabough!

SO on Monday (PDAY) we went to hang out with the Radford sisters. We first went to Walmart with them, then we got shakes at Cook Out (the best food place EVER) and then we played chair soccer. I'm not sure if many of you have heard of chair soccer but its where each person is on their own team and each person has their own chair. The purpose of the game is to be the last man standing. You do this by trying to make the ball touch all of the other chairs. The same rules of normal soccer apply and you are not aloud to move your chair (unfortunately). It is so much fun! But I however, was not coordinated enough to win lol. 

We picked up 4 new investigators this week but I'm only going to tell y'all about the coolest one. Her name is Sister Richardson and she is an excommunicated member. She wants to be baptized again so that she can renew her covenants and watch her son get married in the temple. I am BEYOND excited to be teaching her. She has such a sincere desire and she is just so loving and cool.

On each Wednesday we have a short missionary meeting called coordination. It is where the missionaries in the ward get together with the Ward Mission Leader and talk about investigators and things like that. BUT we eat dinner before too so that's awesome, last Wednesday we had Bennies Pizza for dinner. IT WAS THE BIGGEST PIZZA IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE HOLY COW!!! I could only have one piece because it was that big. I kid you not people. Only eat that pizza if you are asking for diabetes or a heart attack. 

So some of you may know that these last few months have been harder for me. I am not going to say why exactly because its kind of personal. However, one of my all time favorite scriptures gave me great comfort. It is 1 Nephi 3:7, it reads as follows, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I LOVE this scripture because it tells us that we can go though any and all trials that we have. There is also a super cool scripture in 1 Corinthians 13:7 that says "Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." Isn't that just awesome? I love these scriptures.

So as far as my caption goes, Rabbit really does taste like chicken. We where at the Morgans and they gave us this stuff that looks like shredded chicken and after dinner he told us that it was chicken mixed with Rabbit. It was super good. I don't hate animals if that is what y'all are thinking but yeah. It was just fun. 

I just want to say how grateful I am to all of my family and friends. I love each and every one of you so much. Thank you for your continued support. 

Love always,
Sister Rodabough 


No comments:

Post a Comment