Monday, May 1, 2017

Officially done with training!

This is the note I received from her companion. Such a sweetheart ❤

Oh how I'm going to miss your sweet daughter. She truly is a light, and has taught me so much. I tell her all the time that she was the one training me! Thank you for sharing her with me and with Martinsville, we simply adore her. I know you probably worry a lot about her, but I know that the Lord is taking good care of her, she will do marvelous things and bless so many lives. Thanks for raising up a good, righteous young lady, I just love you for it!
Hope all is well with the Rodaboughs :)

Sister Callister





Well this week was amazing and kinda hard. I am officially done with training so that's cool! It is transfer week but I am staying in Martinsville Virginia so I will get a new companion! I am so excited to meet her and I know she will be amazing!

We have a new investigator and he was born partially blind but as of May 2016 he has been completely blind, we put him on date for baptism on June 17 and he already knows the church is true and he is already reading the Book of Mormon so I am VERY excited!!!

So yesterday we had district meeting about humility. We where each assigned to do a 7 minute lesson/presentation about humility. So one of our dear Elders did an object lesson. He took us outside and told his companion to go into the bathroom where he could not see or hear us. While we where outside the Elder said, "okay so I am going to bring my companion back out here and I'll share a story about Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdrey then we will walk back inside but I'll lock him out here and then you, he said pointing to another Elder, will go into the bathroom and fill this bucket of water half way and wait in the door way so he can't see you, then when he asks if he can come in three time we'll open the door and you'll dump the bucket of water on his head! Any questions?" So we put the plan into action and the poor Elder was drenched with water haha. We all went inside and sat back down and he told us the story about how Oliver Cowdrey wanted to show the golden plates to his wife, Joseph Smith prayed and ask God if it was right. God said no two times and on the third time he said yes because Joseph wouldn't listen. The Elder related this to humility because sometimes we keep asking God until we get the answers we want. and when God finally gives in, a consequence normally follows. This is why we have to humble ourselves towards God and listen the first time.

I am so excited for the upcoming transfer. Thank you so much for all of your constant love, support and prayers. I love each of you dearly.

Thank you,
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment