Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day, a day we should all celebrate!






Mother's Day! This week was the best week in the mission! It was actually kinda rough at first because we don't have very many miles to cover a whole county so we could only stay in Martinsville without going up to Axton or Ridgeway but, we had A LOT of help from the Lord. We found 6 new investigators and put 3 of them on date for baptism! I know that with out the Lords help this would not have happened.

One of the investigators we found is a mother and daughter. We where tracting, we knocked on her door and she immediately let us in. We began to talk when she started to say, "we need some prayen in this house! Them devil is here!" So we were like, "We would love to pray with you!" So we prayed and taught her the whole restoration haha, It was pretty awesome! 



On that same day we ran into a whole Hispanic community in Martinsville! They where SO nice to us and a little 9 year old girl helped us translate. We found like 6 potentials and 4 of them became investigators! This experience has taught me that if we are humble and if we are all in, the Lord will put people in our path that are ready to hear the gospel.

My mission president told me that I will most likely be getting transferred next transfer...that just broke my heart. I can't imagine leaving all of these people that I have grown so close too. That is probably the hardest thing about being a missionary for me. Although, it is comforting to know that the Lord sends me where He needs me.

In closing I would like to say thank you to all of the mothers who have influenced me in my life. Especially my mother. She has done so much for me, from getting my bed ready after coming home from a surgery to wrestling with me on the trampoline. I could not have asked for a better mother, Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he blessed me with one of His most beloved angels. Mothers truly are a gift from God and I am so thankful for my mother.

Thank you once again for your continued love, support and prayers.

Love always,
Sister Rodabough


No comments:

Post a Comment