Monday, May 8, 2017

R&R and New Companion

Wasssup family! This week has been wonderful! I drove to Roanoke and back for the first time and it was so beautiful to see all of the beautiful nature! It is such a joy to be able to experience the different cultures. I love how beautiful Virginia is, it is green EVERYWHERE! I just love it so much:)

I have my new companion, her name is Sister Rosengren so people just call us R&R cause our names are too hard to pronounce lol. But they call her Sister Rosie for short so I think that is way cute!



I cant remember if I have told y'all about one of our investigators but he is completely blind and he already knows the church and the Book of Mormon are true so he is going to be baptized soon and I cannot be more excited for him! We had a lesson with him on Sunday and at the end I asked him, 'will you commit to praying and asking God if the Priesthood is real and if it is the power of God on the Earth today?' I thought that there was no way that he had already done that so he was like, 'I have already done that dear...I know its all true.' I was just like, 'oh...okay. well...I would like to commit you to...um...read a general conference talk!' lol that was legit the only thing I could think of that he hasn't done haha.

Stake conference was AMAZING! I want to share a few things that I wrote down:
What is faith?
1. Assurance of hope
2. Evidence of things not seen
3. Action
Do we put faith in before the obstacles at hand?
Bonnie H. Cordon:
Light dispels darkness
We need our own light
Believe that God can bless you
Let your light grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day
Anthony D. Perkins:
The Book of Mormon was written for us
Guilt = a spiritual prompting to repent
Dallian H. Oaks:
We must choose between Jesus' way and the worlds way
The Lord knows the hearts of his children
Cell phones should be your slaves, not your masters
Maintain a strong testimony
Are we active in the church or in the Gospel?
Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children!

I just love this Gospel with my whole heart! It has given me so much happiness and peace, and that is why I chose to go on a mission. I want to give others the divine opportunity to experience this joy. I love you all so very much and I truly am so grateful for all of your continued love. Thank you.

Love always
Sister Rodabough  

No comments:

Post a Comment