Monday, January 15, 2018

The Mission=The Best Experience

Hill Billie Mormons LOL


Hi family! What's up? 

This week was crazy fast, again. We were busy busy busy. I guess time flies when your having fun. ;) I'll give y'all the rundown.

Wednesday: We taught Sister Ransom about faith and repentance. It was pretty powerful because she is really good at connecting the dots although it takes her a little while. We also met with the Duttons (members) and taught them. They told us all about the church history sights and I want to go there with my family so bad. They said that is was very spiritual so I'm hyped because I love spiritual things haha.

Thursday: We tried a potential named Qiana but Arnez answered the door instead. He is like 17 and he said that he is looking for a Bible and a church so luckily we have both of those. We gave him the Bible and hopefully we get to teach him soon. We also taught Jennifer (investigator) and I read her Rockey's conversion story and she said she really connected with it and that she felt the same way he did so that was really cool. She hasn't come to church in a while thought because Satan...I don't like him very much.

Friday: We watched President Monson's broadcast and it was way sad. The messages were very powerful and if you have't seen it yet I would encourage you to do so.

Saturday: I had a really cool experience that day. I have been having little doubts about Heavenly Father answering my prayers lately so I decided to try something. In the morning as I was starting my personal study session, I pleaded with Heavenly Father to allow us to pick up a new investigator that day. Arnez' name came up and after my prayer I told my companion that we needed to go see him today. We went on our usual day and all of the sudden we had a teaching opportunity come up. We taught Nancy, a cute old lady about the Plan of Salvation and we picked her up as a new investigator! This renewed my testimony that Heavenly Father will always answer our prayers just not in the way that we expect Him too. (We did try Arnez but we did not get the opportunity to teach him that day) 

Sunday: We had church and after church we had dinner with the Fergursons. That family is so powerful oh my goodness. They talked to us about their family history and how their family built the first church in Roanoke (which is right by Salem) so that was way cool. 

Awesome moments: 
1. We saw Maggie and Michael at the rehab center and Maggie told us about Michael's conversion story. Afterword Maggie asked Michael, "Do you love me." (Michael had a stroke and cant communicate/move very well) Michael stuck his tongue our and waved his had (saying kind of) and was like, "uhhhh" it was so funny oh my gosh. He still has his sense of humor which is the greatest thing in life. 

2. When we were teaching Jennifer at the Davenports house we were about to leave and two year old Cameron was like, "Bye Sister Rodabough!" Which was great because no one can say my name right but this two year old can. 

3. I played about 900 games of Uno with a little girl named Brea on Friday, it was so fun! :)




Sorry for the long letter but I hope that y'all have a great week! Love y'all
Sister Rodabough



No comments:

Post a Comment