Monday, January 22, 2018

Sick with the flu booooooo

So not much to report on this week because I was sick with the flu and had to stay in for three days. I was the woooooorst but I am alive and all is well. (mom don't freak out) I'll tell you the story. So on Thursday I woke up at 6:30 and I told Sister Wright, "Hey I didn't get much sleep last night I am going to sleep for another hour okay?" I did and woke up in time to plan. I felt very light headed and had a head ache. Also I left out a part, early that night I stayed in the bathroom for like 10 minutes because I felt like I was going to throw up (thankfully I never did). So I called my mission nurse. She gave me the news that I had the flu and that I couldn't proselyte for three days. I am glad that it was only three days and not a week. I was able to go to church and everything on Sunday so that was great! I have a very loving companion and ward that was able to help take care of me. I also hit my year mark so that was fun!

My favorite scriptures this week is Alma 15:6-12 which reads:

6 And it came to pass that Alma said unto him, taking him by the hand: Believest thou in the power of Christ unto salvation?

7 And he answered and said: Yea, I believe all the words that thou hast taught.

8 And Alma said: If thou believest in the redemption of Christ thou canst be healed.

9 And he said: Yea, I believe according to thy words.

10 And then Alma cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord our God, have mercy on this man, and heal him according to his faith which is in Christ.

11 And when Alma had said these words, Zeezrom leaped upon his feet, and began to walk; and this was done to the great astonishment of all the people; and the knowledge of this went forth throughout all the land of Sidom.

12 And Alma baptized Zeezrom unto the Lord; and he began from that time forth to preach unto the people.

These scriptures really helped my testimony grow. It just proves how powerful a belief in Christ really is. I would like to commit all of you to do something this week that will help you grow your testimony of the Savior. I know as you do so that you will see the Lords hand in your lives more abundantly.

Have a great week!
Sister Rodabough







No comments:

Post a Comment