Monday, June 4, 2018

Blessings and Comfort



Hey y'all! This week went by so fast. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore haha. I guess time flies when you are having fun!

Monday: Did the usual Pday stuff and then we did service for the Hibbert family. Sister Hibbert wants us to do a lot of painting and remodeling in her house and I am SO EXCITED because A. I love painting B. I love hard work (because we never get to do it as missionaries) and C. It will give me some good experience for interior design! We also met with the Wilson family and we painted prayer rocks with them so that was a good time.

Tuesday: We picked up Hoda as a new investigator! She is from Europe and she is super excited to read the Book of Mormon and discover more about God! It is so interesting to teach these people because my whole mission I have taught Baptists and now these people don't even know who Jesus Christ is so it is a very cool teaching experience. After that we had dinner with the Litham family and their house was so stinking cute! They also have two little boys so yeah it was fun. Their little boys remind me a lot of my boys back at home so that was kinda different haha.

Wednesday: Very cool day. My companion currently is having some heath issues so we got a blessing from bishop and it was cool because he talked about how the angels of those around us are cheering us on to talk to their people. It is awesome to know that we are being supported on both sides of the veil. Then we found Zach! He said that he does have a belief in God but doesn't like the idea of organized religion. Which I understand but God is a God of wisdom and order so yeah. He is super cool because he just wants to read everything haha.

Saturday: Low-key a long day. We wanted to just so something fun so we called Molly (a YSA member) and we went to Sweet Frog and had frozen yogurt so it was a good time.

Sunday: LONGEST DAY EVER! I swear fasting just makes the day 1,000X longer but I always feel so good after I fast. While we were fasting we got more Priesthood blessings. Sister Coombs found a lot of comfort that she needed. And my blessing was really awesome. Bishop didn't even ask me why I needed a blessing but he knew exactly what to say so it really helped me.

Today we are going to play games at some of the recreational fields on campus so I am hyped. The weather is just so nice, its like 75 out so it is perfect!

Thank you all the help that you all give me, I hope that this week is AWESOME for y'all!

*Alma 22:18
Love Always,
Sister Rodabough


No comments:

Post a Comment