Monday, June 18, 2018

Mission Tours!!!



Y'all this week was crazy!!! As you know we combined with Christiansburg for a week because a Sister went home but we just got back to the normal swing of things. So we are just serving in Blacksburg now and it is just the two of us. But we did get a car! I am grateful but also sad...mostly grateful haha. Anyways, here is the update:

"Jane" is super great! She drank a couple times again but I know her heart is changing because now she HATES drinking. She just wants to stop. I love "Jane" though because she just pushes through no matter what and she just motivates me. I am so sad that I wont be able to teach her anymore though because we are back in Blacksburg but I am still going to write her so that we can stay in contact! She was also able to come to stake conference but she got nervous with all of the people around her so we just went to one of the separate rooms where it was played over the intercom and I actually liked that a lot more too haha. 

Stake Conference was super sweet I got to see everyone from the Radford ward and it was like a big reunion!!! I saw my recent convert (Haley Stone) and other amazing people that I love! I also learned a lot. I learned that the point of ministering is to just love! We don't need to make it into some complicated thing because God doesn't want that. He just wants us to serve and care and love each other. I made a goal to look for people who need help each day. Okay that idea actually came from my amazing mother who set that as a goal but I am going to do it too because in the end all we can do is find opportunities to help and love others. :)


The day after Stake Conference (Monday) we had the mission tour! Elder Bennett is our new area 70 and he came to talk with us. He is so cool. He spent 7 years in Russia serving as a missionary and a mission president so he had some AWESOME stories! Here is one of them: As an Elder he was walking down the street and this lady comes up to him and says, "My husband passed away two years ago, what do I need to do to get sealed to him in your temple?" He taught us that we too can have experiences like these if we obey with exactness. And this whole time I was like, wait what even is exactness? Because we will never be 100% exact. He said that exactness means a complete performance. He said as long as we try our best to complete the performance, the windows of heaven will pour upon ourselves and our mission. That got all of us so excited because the Spirit was SO strong! Ever sense then we have tried to be exactly obedient and we have seen so many miracles! 

Sorry for the essay...it was just an awesome week haha! Thanks for tuning in and I'll talk to y'all next week!

This is Sister Rodabough signing out.
*Luke 22:40-42

No comments:

Post a Comment