Monday, June 25, 2018

Who are we truly???


Okay. This week was awesome! We are seeing SO many miracles! We are finding and teaching so much. The people here are so open and amazing. We are crazy busy every day which is my favorite thing. 

One thing I've noticed about being a missionary is that the more you open yourself up to the Lord, the more He will work with you. As I have changed, I have seen this taken place. I am more willing to accept and do the Lords will then my own. I think the biggest miracle I have seen on my mission is my own conversion to this gospel. I now know who I am and who He wants me to be.

I have studied a lot lately about who the Lord wants me to be. Here are some things that have stood out to me:

1. Value Beyond Measure by Joy D. Jones “God is your Father. He loves you. He and your Mother in heaven value you beyond any measure. … You are unique. One of a kind, made of the eternal intelligence which gives you claim upon eternal life. Let there be no question in your mind about your value as an individual. The whole intent of the gospel plan is to provide an opportunity for each of you to reach your fullest potential, which is eternal progression and the possibility of godhood.”

2. Remember Who You Are by Elaine S Dalton "You are not alone! Though you may be the only Latter-day Saint in your school or your group of friends or even your family, you are not alone. You can rely on the strength of the Lord...I learned about what I now call “deep beauty”—the kind of beauty that shines from the inside out. It is the kind of beauty that cannot be painted on, surgically created, or purchased. It is the kind of beauty that doesn’t wash off. It is spiritual attractiveness. Deep beauty springs from virtue. It is the beauty of being chaste and morally clean. It is the kind of beauty that you see in the eyes of virtuous women like your mother and grandmother. It is a beauty that is earned through faith, repentance, and honoring covenants."

3. Certain Women by Linda K. Burton "May we remember the many certain women who refused to abandon our precious Savior during the excruciating experience He suffered on the cross and yet hours later were privileged to be among the certain witnesses of His glorious Resurrection. Let us be found staying close to Him in prayer and scripture study. Let us draw ourselves near to Him by preparing for and partaking of the sacred emblems of His atoning sacrifice weekly during the ordinance of the sacrament and as we keep covenants by serving others in their times of need. Perhaps then we might be part of the certain women, disciples of Jesus Christ, who will celebrate His glorious return when He comes again."

Reading these conference talks, other scriptures and my patriarchal blessing have made me know who I am. I am confident that I am a divine daughter of Heavenly Parents. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to understand who we are. We understand who we are as we understand who Christ is. I know this to be true.

*D&C 121:45
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment