Monday, June 11, 2018

Three Sisters, Two Areas, and Three Wards




So much has happened this week haha. Lets see if I can narrow it down to one email. One of our dear missionaries and one of my good friends had to go home to get back surgery so her companion (Sister Nicholls) is now in a trio with Sister Coombs and I AND we are combining the Christiansburg and Blacksburg areas. Crazy huh? Right when I think normal things are going to happen Heavenly Father is like, "Haha silly child." And then does something crazy. I will give an update on what is happening in each area.

Christiansburg!!! We got there on Friday and met a few investigators then we had the Relief Society BBQ and met a ton of members so that was awesome because it gave us a chance to get to know the ward.

Saturday! We met Jane! She is awesome and she is my favorite human! She is 18. And she grew up in a really rough situation. She was born to her mom who was an alcoholic and growing up her parents gave her alcohol and Jane started drinking at 16 and never tried to quit until now. She has now been sober for over a week and a half for the first time in her life and it is SO hard for her but she is doing it because she knows it will help her get closer to Heavenly Father. She has so much faith and she is so open and willing to do anything to get to the temple. We are doing the 12 set program with Jane because I have a behavior I want to get rid of too!!! I am really glad we are doing this with Jane together because now she doesn't feel so alone.

Sunday! I'll tell y'all what we did in two steps

1. Went to church for 8 hours
2. Tried different potential investigators

That is what we did all day that day haha. We didn't have time for anything else.

This new change is honestly such an answered prayer because a lot of things were distracting me and I just need to stay as busy as possible. It is also so fun because we would just be driving in the car and we would sing High School Musical with the windows rolled down so yeah it is a party every day.

I also just want to say HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD! Thank you for always supporting me, and being there for me when I need you. I love you so much dad!

*Ether 12:23
Sister Rodabough


No comments:

Post a Comment