Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween my pretties hee hee hee






Hi there! This week has been super busy with zone conference, district meeting, weekly planning and exchanges all with in a space of three days! I don't even know what to write about because so much happened haha. 

Tuesday: We had zone conference! It was kinda crazy because it only went from 9:00-1:00 but before it went from 9:00-4:00. It was so spiritual I can't even remember anything. All I know is that it was amazing and that I love my Mission President. We also had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders! I went with Sister Wevers and I have mad respect for her. She is so awesome but its way sad because this is her last transfer before she goes home! We walked around a bunch and did some rapping too, it was a good time.

Wednesday: Right after exchanges we had to travel from Christiansburge to Radford for district meeting. We got three new Elders and they make our district SO much more fun. Our district is goals...just sayin, I will try to get pictures with them for next week.

Thursday: Most stressful weekly planning session ever! For those of you who don't know, weekly planning is a 3-4 hour planning session that we use to plan out the rest of our week. Normally I do fine during weekly planning but for some reason this one was just really stressful. We got a lot done though so that is a blessing. We had dinner with the Smiths that night as well and they are super smart people but they are SO funny! I love talking to them because they have been all over the world! (Germany, Africa, Switzerland etc.) They are just too cool for school (literally). We also taught Emily and Haley that night about the Sabbath Day, fasting and tithing! During the lesson I asked, "Haley, what is fasting in your own words?" And she said (keep in mind that she is only 9) "Putting my tablet in my closet for three days." Haha! We told her that some people can't fast with food because they have to take medicine or whatever so she just said that she would give up her tablet instead of food. She is precious.

Friday: We taught Brother Lewis (less active member) with the Zanders about the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. He is so smart and I hope that he will come to church again.

Saturday: We had the ward trunk-or-treat! We handed out candy to the little kids and it was so much fun to see all of there cute little costumes.

I can't remember what day this was on but we were doing companion study and Sister Adams was telling me that she was reading about the stripling warriors in the Book of Mormon. She said that it was so amazing how such young, innocent boys were so willing to fight for their country and families. She also mentioned how much hope they brought to all of the other Nephites. She said, "See, God gives us hope in all shapes and sizes!" Lol, you had to be there. It. Was. So. Funny.

Love being a missionary and I know that I wouldn't be here with our the support of you all. Thank you and I hope you have a Happy Halloween!

Love,
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment