Monday, November 6, 2017

Tis the season lol


Well, Halloween has passed and now its time to listen to Christmas music! I love this time of year! Especially in VIrginia because all of the trees are bright red and its still warm outside so I'm a happy camper. Speaking of Halloween, we had a blast. We went to 3 different Halloween parties, handed out a ton of pass-along-cards and saw some super dope costumes. I swear holidays as a missionary are so much better then normal for some reason. 

Thursday: We had an AWESOME lesson with Morgan. We had some members come with us and they just made the Spirit so much stronger! Morgan loves the Book of Mormon and she says that she know's that it is of God and that belief makes her want to read it more. We also fasted with her so that she will be able to get work off on Sundays so that she can come to church. So we'll see how that goes. ðŸ™‚

Tuesday: We were so busy on Halloween holy cow. We served at the daily bread in the morning, then we locked the keys in our house. Okay back story, not last week but the week before we had so many car problems! We locked the keys in our trunk, then we had our check engine light on, then we had to get air pumped into our tires and THEN we locked the keys in our house. We just keep laughing and laughing because Satan tries to stop us but he fails. Anyways after that we had the Pulaski Trunk-Or-Treat. We also went to the Turpins house and handed out candy to little kids so needless to say Halloween was a huge success thanks to our awesome ward members!













Saturday: At around 7:30 we went to go try a potential and we accidentally knocked on the wrong door! Luckily they let us in. In the home was an old drunk man and his 40 year old niece. The man has a lot of love for our Savior. We asked him if he would like some help overcoming his drinking problem and he said something along the lines of, "No thanks I'll just have another drink." I thought it was so funny because he telling us over and over and over again how much he loves Christ. I thought to myself, "Sir, if you loved Him that much, you would change." I don't know if that is rude to think but it is true. If we truly love the Savior, we are always changing and trying to be better.

Okay I am so excited. On the 16 Elder Foster of the 70 is coming to our mission to talk to us! I feel so honored and slightly unworthy lol. But I can't wait to meet him!

I just want to say that I love being a missionary more than anything. I am SO grateful for my family for providing me with this privilege. I do not look forward to the day that I have to take off my name tag but I am grateful that I get to make memories and grow my testimony. So thank you to all who have helped me come this far.

Love,
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment