Monday, October 16, 2017

We found Nemo

And we're BACK! This week was just fabulous have been finding a lot of new investigators lately. The work is really progressing. Just so y'all know I am staying in Pulaski! I have been here for 5 months now so that is a really long time for a sister to be in an area. But hey, I'm not complaining. 

The trees are turning all kinds of colors out here in the East! I love walking around because we just casually run into so many beautiful places. I can't wait to take my family back up here.


So about the caption. We did indeed find Nemo. Literally. We where going to see our investigators but they where not home so we where working the area and we tract into this guy and he said that him and his family are looking for a church! His name was a super hard to pronounce black name but he just goes by Nemo. He is so cool and so prepared! As we where praying a bit later, I said, "We are grateful that we found Nemo..." And we just busted up laughing SO hard. I didn't even realize what I said until after I said it which made it even funnier. That was a good day.

A few days ago we tried called Dominick (recent convert/future missionary) and asked him to come to a lesson with us. He said he would so we met him at the gas station by our apartment and went to our appointment and our investigator wasn't there. So we drove around with Dominick following behind us for about 15 minutes trying to see if any of our investigators where home and they where not. We then said goodbye do Dominick because we didn't want to waste any more of his time. We felt prompted to try a less active member named Jackie. We go to her house and there was Dominick! It was so funny because its like the Spirit led us all to the same place so clearly we really needed to be with Jackie. We taught her an awesome lesson about the Book of Mormon.

Last Wednesday the young woman leader asked us to do a face 2 face thing with the youth in the ward. It was a really cool experience. We had dinner and then all of the little kiddos asked us a bunch of question about the mission. And it was so weird because I remember being those little kids and now I'm the one that is a missionary...crazy huh?

Jonah (8 year old boy) and Michelle where baptized on Saturday! Their baptism was so powerful. I did not teach them but the Spirit there was just so strong! I am so glad I went, I will never forget how strong I felt the Spirit that day.

For those of you who may not remember, Haley is the 8 (almost 9) year old girl we are teaching. Her mom is Less Active but they are both coming to church consistently and are ready for baptism soon. I love them with my whole heart. Emily (Haley's mom) is super strong. She has been through a lot but she is still wanting to come back to church.




I could tell y'all about all of the other miracles I have seen lately but that would take waaaay too long. But thank you for your prayers, love and support. I am so grateful.

Love,
Sister Rodabough




No comments:

Post a Comment