Monday, October 2, 2017

Conference was a miracle, can I get an amen!!!


Brothers and Sisters,
This past conference weekend has truly been a blessing from our Father In Heaven. I have learned SO much. The three main themes that stuck out to me are: Trust in the Lord, and having a stable family, and the importance of the Book of Mormon. All of these topics touched my heart. I loved what a member of the 70 said about families, "Salvation is an individual matter, exaltation is a family matter." I loved this because it tells us that we must help our family members stay on the right path so that not one of them is left behind. I also loved how President Nelson said to have such a love for the Book of Mormon that we cannot live with out it for one day. Conference was just amazing and I loved every second.

This week was kind of rough at first. One of my investigators died because of lung cancer and another one of my investigators got kicked out of her house and is now homeless. It is very humbling to see what these people go through. They have very hard lives. My investigator that is homeless only has $8 and she has to put her belongings in a garbage bag because she doesn't even have luggage. She has such amazing faith though. She knows that God will ALWAYS help her. She is so powerful. She wont let anything get her down. I look up to her and I love her. 





Wednesday: We found Will! He is an old man and he lives in a trailer park. He said that a lot of his family lives there too so once we baptize him we’ll will just baptize his whole family. They are all so nice! I just want to teach everyone in that trailer park lol. 

Thursday: We had a steller lesson with Angie! She is a recent convert. We shared the 'Hope of Gods Light' (amazing video I would recommend everyone to watch it) and she loved it! We also shared with her the story of Naaman and we talked about how it is the small and simple things that matter most. 

I have been out for almost 10 months! This is not okay. I like being a young missionary like my besties Kelsee and McKenna. They are still little baby missionaries. Why does it have to go by so stinking fast? (That is not a rhetorical question) 

Shout out to my Grandma Rodabough and my Grandma Geri for sending me clothes and packages. Thank you so much!

Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Sister Rodabough



No comments:

Post a Comment