Monday, April 23, 2018

The Power of the Priesthood





Tuesday: We had Zone Conference! It was so cool. We learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how to have effective studies. A lot of what President said I needed to hear. I now understand more how important it is to really study until you learn something. Before I wasn't getting much out of it but now that I am studying to learn and not just studying to read, I feel the Spirit so much more. Sometimes I have to read a verse over and over again until I learn something but it is so worth it. 

Friday: We had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders! Sister Holbrook and I stayed in Blacksburg with Sister Price and Sister Lovell went to Christiansburg with Sister Nicholls. Sister Price is way cool because I went to high school with her and we know the same people. I also learned a lot from her and she really motivated me to be a better missionary. 




Saturday: After exchanges we had Corey's baptismal interview and he passed! He is such a great human and he has such a strong testimony! We also taught Fangzhou again and he does not have very much religious background and he doesn't speak very much english so it is kinda hard to communicate. We just read 3 Nephi 11 with him and he is starting to understand that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Baby steps haha.

Sunday! Okay Sunday was the best day. It always seems to be in my emails huh? But its true. So at the beginning of this week I felt so prompted that I needed a Priesthood blessing. Of course I was like 'I'm fine, I don't need to one. I just need to keep working.' However, the prompting got stronger so I followed though. I had a little one on one with bishop before he have me a blessing and he said that as we were talking he already had thoughts and impressions come to his mind about what to say to me. While he have me my blessing he just said over and over again 'Don't feel inadequate...Don't compare yourself to others.' He just continued to warn me about that. That has been a problem with me for a long time but because of the Power of the Priesthood, I don't have a problem with it any more. I know that the Priesthood is one of the most powerful gifts we have. The Priesthood power comes directly from God and I know that it can help you with whatever you are going through.

Monday (today): We went to one of the places where Dirty Dancing was filmed and it was so cool! It had the lake and some of the other buildings that were used. After we saw all of that we went on a hike and it was so pretty! There were so many rocks and fun places to climb. I felt the Spirit there too, that is why I love being in nature because I feel so close to Heavenly Father.










Other than all that not much has happened. Remember that this is the true gospel and that He is the one in charge.

*2 Nephi 27: 14-15
Love always,
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment