Monday, April 9, 2018

It's going to be a trip


Hello from Blacksburg Virginia! Everyone thought I would eventually go to West Virginia on my mission but I guess not lol. I am in my last area with Sister Holbrook and Sister Lovell. I am serving in a walk/bike area on the Virginia Tech campus and I am so glad that I get to be here for the last part of my mission! 

I am also serving in the YSA ward and guys it is crazy weird to only be around kids my age. I love it though! We are teaching tons of people and some of them are from China so that is way cool. It is such a blessing to be here. I have already learned so much and it has been four days lol. 




On Sunday I made the recommendation to my companions to get priesthood blessings to start off the transfer. Bishop Passic gave me a very powerful blessing. Right before he laid his hands on my head, he looked down at me and said, "Have I given you a blessing before?" I replied, "No Bishop." He paused and responded, "Well if I haven't in this life that means I have in the previous life." When he said that I felt the Spirit so strong and to me that was a confirmation that I knew him before and that I was sent to Blacksburg because I need him. That priesthood blessing was a very sacred experience for me that I wouldn't trade for the world.

This past weekend I have been getting to know the YSA it is so fun because we are all best friends and we are always with each other! On Friday, my first day in Blacksburg we went to #BigEvent which is what Virginia Tech does to get the kids hyped for collage. It was on campus and it was so fun! We went and did service for a family and took care of their yard. We cut down a huge thorn bush and scrubbed mold of of the side of their house. It was a good time. 








I guess I should tell y'all a little about my companions haha. Sister Holbrook goes home this transfer and she is from Idaho, she is the blond one in the #BigEvent picture. Sister Lovell is a trainee (Sister Holbrook is training her) and she is from Arizona. She has brown hair and is on the very right. I love both of my companions and I am so glad that I get to serve with both of them!






Thank you for your constant prayers and support. I am so grateful and I know that Heavenly Father blesses each of you because of that so thank you!

*Enos 1:15
Love Always,
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment