Monday, December 4, 2017

Salem Virginia aka the celestial kingdom of the WVCM

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to everyone. I have felt so much love and support from my friends and family. Thank you for your continued prayers and love. I know that Heavenly Father will bless all of you because of the support that you give to the missionaries.

I have officially been transferred to the wonderful Salem Virginia! I am with Sister Wright and she is just too cool. We both did theater in high school and love video games so we get along well. She is from Ogden Utah and she has been out for 16 months so I will be her last companion. 

This week started off really busy. On Saturday we did weekly planning and then we went to our investigators birthday party. He is the cutest kid and he is so sweet. After the party we went and met Bishop. He is pretty dope. And he actually knew where Eagle Mountain was!

Sunday: The Salem ward is a huge blessing. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. The first counselor even asked me to give a talk! (hooray) Then we taught in young woman's which was actually way fun and very powerful. After church we went to a wedding reception. It was kind of funn because the girl getting married actually went to my mission! It is crazy that people get married so fast after they get home. We then went and watched the Christmas Devotional. Its kinda funny too because after we were talking to the Zone Leaders and they are going home the same time as me haha. Its always fun meeting the other missionaries that you came out with. 

I am sorry for the shorter email this week but thank you again anyways! The mission really is a huge blessing and I am grateful the Heavenly Father has aloud me to have this time set apart to become converted and to help other people receive the same blessings. I know that missions are hard but they help shape you into the person that Heavenly Father wants you to be. Remember to do the Light the World acts of service! 

Have a great week!
Sister Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment