Monday, December 11, 2017

Guys I have no idea what to put in the caption




Family and friends! Whats going on? I hope that all is well. 🙂 

This week has been super amazing. I don't even know where to begin. First of all, let me just say that I love Salem! I am hoping that I will be able to finish my mission in this area. The people here are just so loving and our investigators are so powerful and they are all families pretty much. I love being able to share the joyful message of the gospel this holiday season. Christmas is something else as a missionary. I don't know how to explain it but it is just so much more special. 🙂

Tuesday: We had an awesome lesson with the Fryzel's, they are returning members and they are just so amazing. After that we did some service with the food truck and that was so fun! The Elders are in our area and I just love being able to see other missionaries. We also taught the Ransoms. Their family is all recent converts. They have a son who wants to be baptized but it is really hard for him to focus, but I can tell that he still feels the Spirit when we teach him lessons.

Wednesday: We went to Catawba and taught Sister Sink about the Plan of Salvation. She said that it makes sense that we are here to be tested and that the goal is to get back to Heavenly Father. How cool is that guys?! When an investigator understands the Plan of Salvation it is just the most happy thing ever.

Thursday: We had one of the most powerful lessons I've ever had on my mission. We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jennifer (the investigator) said that she feels really scared to fail and that she is afraid to give into temptation. We were able to comfort her by using the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong. The members with us testified very strongly that we can do anything through Christ. After they testified the member invited her to be baptized on February 10 and she said yes! I love helping other people feel the Spirit through the power of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has truly changed my life, that is why I am out here sharing it with others.

Saturday: We had a awesome service project in Roanoke. We helped with the parade and we got to move all of the cars and stuff into the right places. It was super freezing cold but so much fun! We handed out some light the world cards and got to talk to different people! After the parade we traveled back to Salem for the ward Christmas party and one of our investigators came even though she was a bit sick so it was awesome. Last but not least, it was like 8:50 at night and we were like 'should we go home or try the Butterworths?' We decided to try them and low and behold they were home! We shared a short message with them and we hurried home.

Sunday: Okay kids. Sunday was the BEST day ever. At 6:00 we had to practice for the Stake Christmas Choir Concert. I remembered that Martinsville (my first area) and Salem are in the same stake and it was so amazing because I got to see so many people and my heart was just so happy. I loved seeing them. Saying goodbye again was hard but I know that I will come back to see them again. After the concert we went to Brother Duttons house and go Priesthood blessings to start off the new transfer. It was so powerful and such a stress reliever. If you have not had a blessing in a long time I would exhort you to get one. They are so amazing. This is why we have the Priesthood.

We'll...that's about it. The church is true.

Love,
Sister Rodabough

The dog that speaks "I love you" 

No comments:

Post a Comment