Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas!




Her Mission Mama, Sister Lindhart
She wanted lots of pics with her mission mom
Well hi. This week was so good! It started out with an awesome zone conference! We talked all about the Book of Mormon which is my favorite. The Spirit was so strong. I love hearing President Lindhardt talk because the Spirit just radiates from him. When I left on my mission I thought I had a testimony of the Book of Mormon but I didn't really, if I did, it wasn't very strong. That's the greatest part about the mission, you get to help others become converted but you are being converted as well. It is a very powerful experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. 

Thursday: ....We had a very interesting lesson that day....We went over to teach a less active member. She was really nice and friendly and her kids are super cute.

Her husband however was kind of rude. We shared the 'Good Samaritan' video and after we watched it he was like, "Here's why I am not Mormon. Those people that walked away from that man remind me about the Mormons in Saint George. They don't live what they preach. They are stubborn and stuck up. Sure y'all can come over tomorrow and we can listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and we can read the Book of Mormon and watch General Conference. But in order to watch conference I would have to drink alcohol in order to stay awake during that crap..." This whole time I legit was sitting on my hands. I can handle bible bashers and stuff like that but when people just make fun of your beliefs that you work so hard to stand up for, it kinda is frustrating lol. But I said a prayer and its all good now haha.

Friday!: We had a lesson scheduled with Jennifer again at 5:30. The Sister Davenport (her fellowshipper) called us and was like, "Hey Sisters. Jennifer just sent me this big long text and said that she might feel more comfortable exploring other churches because she is really overwhelmed with everything." We were like oh no...but then she was like, "She still wants to meet to night though." So later we get to the lesson and Jennifer tells us how she is feeling. We testified very strongly about the gospel and about how we need to rely on Christ to help us in all things. We then offered her to get a Priesthood blessing and she said yes. One of the most powerful things I have ever witnessed is an investigator experiencing the power of the Priesthood. It is so special. After her blessing she said that she still wanted to continue to progress and learn. That is what we call a tender mercy.

Sunday: We went to Catawba with the Vaassens and it was so much fun! We visited some less active members. They also made us lunch so that was a blessing haha. When we came back we had a lesson with a PMF. Sister Guy came with us and we were able to pick up his wife as an investigator! Hooray! 

Today I am so excited because we get to take Christmas pictures! We have our district coming and we also invited the Zone Leaders! Its going to be so much fun! 


I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas. Have fun and spend lots of time with your family! Also remember what Christmas is really about. 

Love,
Sister Rodabough





No comments:

Post a Comment