Monday, March 26, 2018

God Gave The Increase




This week was so busy and so fun I don't even no where to begin...

Tuesday: We taught an amazing girl named Rachel! She is our new best friend haha. She is 35 and we taught her about pretty much everything in a lesson haha. It was jam packed. She is a Baptist's Preachers daughter so she has a lot of questions. She was very nice and sincere. She is very interested in Eternal Families and how it all works and she can't wait to read the Book of Mormon

Wednesday: we had interviews with the President. I love him so much. The Spirit was so strong that we were both shaking a little bit. He told me that I will be heading to my last area next week so we'll see how that goes. After interviews we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. It was so much fun! I was with Sister Nicholls. We saw Gods hand/timing in the work so amazingly. God really does produce miracles if the timing is right and if we have faith.

Thursday: We picked up Scott! Guys Scott is legit the coolest. He is second generation Russian and he used to be a professional football player for the NFL on the Chargers team. He is also like 6'7 and broke my hand when he shook it but its fine. ðŸ˜‰

Saturday: We taught Shannon and Aisa! They are a couple in their 30's who is so ready to learn about the gospel. It was so funny as we were sharing the First Vision Shannon was like, "Wait he saw God?!" He couldn't believe it. The Spirit that comes from Joseph's experience is so amazing. After that we met Randy. He was interesting. We talked to him for about an hour and he said that we are apart of a cult and they brainwashed us to make us think a certain way and that we need to leave the church. He also said the Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon, not translated. He just went on and on. He didnt say those things in a mean way or anything, I just felt bad that he couldn't feel the peace and the strength that comes from this gospel.

Sunday: At first Sunday was really hard. I just felt so down and sad the whole morning. And I didn't know why. Just this empty feeling was inside me. Then at church our Ward Mission Leader came up to me and said that Michael passed away. Michael was an amazing member of the church, he was in the hospitable for 6 months before he passed away. Ever since I met him I felt a very strong connection towards him. I really felt like we were friends in the Premortal Life. I love Michael but I know that he isn't suffering anymore. After church we had dinner with the Farrera family! They fed us really amazing Mexican food and it was just a blast. After dinner we picked up the Sublet family, Ashley and Kaden. Random story: The elders from the Huston Texas mission called us on Thursday and gave us Ashley and Kaden as a referral. That's chill, just randomly getting calls from missionaries in Texas...whatever. So we go to their house they had so many questions! Questions about the Priesthood, the Book of Mormon, Exhalation, Joseph Smith, everything. It was very powerful. 






Sorry for the long email haha. This week was just AMAZING. Full of ups and downs #missionarywork. I know that God is in the details of everything. He knows us perfectly and has a perfect plan for each one of us. I know that He wants us back with Him but we can only do that through obedience and repentance. I am grateful for this General Conference/Easter season that we have. Brothers and Sisters this is the true and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is true.

*Enos 1:4-8
Love,
Sister Rodabough



No comments:

Post a Comment