Monday, March 19, 2018

A Trial of Faith





So to be honest this week was kind of rough. Through out the week we have been praying for a family to teach because we recently stopped teaching all of our investigators. We were praying and praying for a family. Monday went by and nothing happened, then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...as of Saturday we were feeling really discouraged. And on top of that Sister Durfee and I are really good at putting ourselves down and comparing so that did not help haha.






Its finally Saturday and we still didn't find anyone so the whole day we are just feeling really down and being really hard on ourselves. During dinner, we forgot we had an appointment following immediately after dinner to go see a Less Active family. It was already 6:00 (the time set for our apt) and we got there 5ish minutes late. They opened the door and they were so excited to see us! We both felt inspired to show them the 'Where justice, love and mercy meet' Mormon Message even though we didn't think it would help them that much. We shared the video and they were both very emotional and they loved it. We had a very very powerful lesson with them. Probably one of the most powerful lesson I have ever had on my mission. The family's name is the Farrera's. Brother Farrera answered so many of my prayers. He told us that we have been in the right place at the right time and that we are good missionaries. He (Brother Farrera) thinks that he doesn't really speak through the Spirit anymore because he hasn't been to church but I knew he was and I knew that Heavenly Father was using him to answer my prayers.

During the Spirit-felt lesson they expressed that they were so scared to come back to church. We promised them many blessings and they felt more comfortable. On Sunday they did end up coming to church and it was the best Sunday of my entire mission to see them there. I love the Farrera family so much and I feel so close to them.

This experience really strengthened my testimony about prayer. Heavenly Father will always answer our prayers but a lot of the time it is not the way we expect it. We prayed for a family to teach but instead Heavenly Father gave us a Less Active family which worked out better because we all needed to help each other. I know that He always answers our prayers. He loves us so much that we cannot even comprehend. I know with my whole soul that this gospel is true and that we can return to Heavenly Father if we try our best to obey Him.

Sorry for the long email this week but I thank you all for everything you do/have done for me. I hope you all have a fantastic week!

*Alma 26:22
Love Sister Rodabough




No comments:

Post a Comment