Monday, March 27, 2017

Little Miracles

 
 
Well hello family and friends! I hope all is well back home.This week has been pretty fabulous, I am loving the south even more every day! Spring is here and every time it rains I skip down the street (sidewalks don't exist) and I sing, "I'm singing in the rain! I'm singing in the rain!" Haha its so much fun! I love the mission, it is just the best life to live.
This week we had dinner with some members and they had these giant bunnies, I kid you not they where the biggest bunnies I have ever seen! She spins the fur by hand and then nits whatever she wants! They are so cool! She brought them in and was like, "Sense you can't hold my child you can hold these bunnies." haha it was so funny.


Journal entry #1
Today (Monday) we went to go see a less active, a man walked out the side of his house and we asked if he knew her and he said that she moved away. So of course we offered to teach him. He was pretty resistant at first but we kept being persistent. We eventually gave him a Book of Mormon and you could tell that right as he touched it, his behavior changed, it wasn't a dramatic change but you could tell a difference. He began to ask more questions and wanted to come to our church! This experience really taught me the power of the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful I was able to experience this.
Journal entry #2
Today (Wednesday) we went to see Sis.Stowe (less active) to help her move some furniture out of her house. One of the men working there was her cousin. He was a very nice man, when everyone else left he started asking us questions so we sat down and talked with him and Sis.Stowe for about an hour and a half. He would say "I'm not trying to offend you." or "I don't want to come across as disrespectful." But he still was pretty harsh but we where able to calm him down a little and he wants to learn more! This experience was the coolest ever and I cannot wait to teach him more!
Just a reminder that general conference is THIS WEEK! I am SO excited guys you don't even know! I hope y'all have a great week and know that I sure do love y'all!
Love always
Sister Rodey

   

No comments:

Post a Comment