Monday, November 13, 2017

Ups and Downs and some Burned Bread

Whats up friends and family? I'll give y'all the rundown of the week.

The beginning of the week was reaaally hard. We had a baptismal interview that didn't work out, all of our appointments fell through, people were not keeping any commitments and it seemed like no one wanted to talk to us. Some weeks are like that but I've learned that that was just a trial of faith that we had to press through.

Thursday: The Morgans brought us soup and bread for dinner. Sister Morgan said to but the bread in the broiler so that it gets all nice and crispy. We ended up putting the bread in for too long and now we are going to use them as weapons because they are as hard as a rock lol. It was just the laugh we needed to get us through the week. Later that night we had our lesson with Morgan about the Word of Wisdom and she loved it! She committed to completely live the Word of Wisdom!

Sunday: Sunday was awesome! We had an awesome Sacrament meeting. Sister Draper gave an awesome talk and we had great lessons during class. After we had dinner with the Grospec's. They live literally right by the lake and there house is really big and really pretty. I loved getting to know them because they are amazing people! We then taught Morgan once again and we did the Stop Smoking Workshop with her! She is doing so awesome and is really progressing.

Lately I have learned quite a few lessons and I would like to share them with you;
-You don't have to be perfect, Heavenly Father loves you just the way you are
-Don't change for anyone, just be you
-Make sure you date before you get married (lol)
-If you are feeling the Spirit, the atonement is working in your life
-The Book of Mormon is truly the most powerful book. I know this to be true
-Don't compare yourself or underestimate yourself, doing that takes the Spirit away






The mission really is super hard, I'm not going to lie. It is 100% worth all of the sacrifice though. I am grateful for the person Heavenly Father has aloud me to become because of my mission. I am especially grateful for my friends and family who love and support me. This gospel is true and I know this without a shadow of a doubt. Satan is real but Heavenly Father is more powerful and more loving then he is. I know that we cannot get back to our Heavenly Father without living ALL of the commandments. I know Christ, I know He is my Savior and Redeemer and I know that he knows me perfectly. I know these this to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment