Monday, September 18, 2017

Well hey there folks...and movies too



Well hey there folks! 
Long time no see my dear friends. This week has been just fabulous to say the least. Sister Adams and I have been busy busy busy. We found 4 new investigators, put 2 on date for baptism and had 1 at sacrament meeting. I know that those blessings has come from us trying our best to be exactly obedient!

2 of the 4 investigators we found last week is named Preston and Sarah Gray. Preston is a Baptist who converted to Methodist and Sarah is a Catholic (I think) who converted to Methodist. Preston is so funny because he thinks that the Book of Mormon isn't of God. And I'm just like, "The only way you can know if it is true or not is if you pray and ask God with real intent." And he kinda just ignores that and moves on haha. Sarah is like, "Yeah I'll pray to find out if it is true." And we are like "THANK YOU!" People can be suborn but nevertheless, I still love them.

The other investigator we found this week is named Hailey (I don't know how to spell her name lol). Her mother is a less active member so before Hailey gets baptized, her mom has to come to church first. I asked Hailey why she wants to be baptized and she said, "I can't remember what its called but its where you ask for forgiveness of your sins." I explained to her the gift of repentance and I just think it is so sweet how she wants to be baptized so that she can repent.

The other other investigator is named Richard. He is a cool guy my friends. He is in his 60's and he works as a prison security guard. At first we where kinda talking about non-gospel related things so I offered a silent prayer in my head that Heavenly Father would give us an opportunity to transition this topic into the Restoration. We began to tell Richard about our mile limitation and how we are low on miles because we have different missionary meeting we travel too, we also told him about meeting Elder Cook in Charleston WV and how he is Christ's apostle and Richard asked, "What makes you think that he is an apostle?" And BAM! We taught him the restoration. The power of prayer is real folks. It doesn't matter how big or small the matter is. Heavenly Father will ALWAYS answer our prayers if we but have faith in Him.

Morgan is another of our investigators. She is loving the Book of Mormon and she committed to be baptized on October 28. So we are very excited for her. She said that she has real intent to be baptized into our church. How cool is that?

I have gotten some questions about what Sister Adams (my new companion) is like. She is so much fun. She is 19 years old, she is from Salem Utah and she loves cheer and track. She is very hardworking, obedient, loving, funny and sassy. I love her a lot. 🙂

I sure hope that y'all have a great week! Thank you for everything. Remember that general conference is coming up and that we need to start preparing now. I love y'all.

 Sister Rodabough





No comments:

Post a Comment