Monday, August 21, 2017

Mission Wide Meeting


Okay so first of all we are going to be gathering as a MISSION! We are going to have a conference with Quentin L. Cook. (Read that last sentence again). Guys, I can't wait. Our mission (the West Virginia Charleston Mission) is the biggest mission globally, so the fact that we are gathering as a mission in Charleston is huge. There is going to be a lot of missionaries haha. I have waited my whole life to be able to meet a member of the 12. And now I only have to wait till September 9 haha. Another cool thing is that he (Elder Cook) CHOSE to come here on that day and time. It is on a weekend so he can do whatever he want but he chose to come to my mission! We unfortunately are not aloud to take pictures with him (sorry mom). But I'm still just as excited! Blessed.

Here are the highlights

On Monday (PDAY) we played chair soccer with our district and I am starting to LOVE soccer! It is so much fun! Sister Van Tassell (my companion) accidentally hit Sister Lambert (my best friend) on the head with the ball. It was so funny but sad at the same time. Good thing she is a tough girl and that it was only a four square ball and not a soccer ball lol. We also had dinner with the Morgans (my favorite family) so that was quite fun.

On Thursday we had dinner with the Smiths! They are a middle aged couple and they told us all about their trip to Africa. Thats the sad part about being a missionary is that people tell you about all of the adventures and vacations they have and your like, "I can't even leave this small town for the next 3 months...." But all is well because we have our whole lives ahead of us! So when I get back the Fab 5 (my group of friends) is going to go to Africa and Paris and California and New Hampshire and Hong Kong:)

Saturday was a good day. A while ago we got a referral from a member and they wanted us to go see a Less Active member of the ward named Sister Greene. We planed a dinner appointment with Sister Greene (the Less Active Member) and the Vances (the Active Members). We where expecting it to be a casual dinner and have hot dogs or something. Nope. They fed us five star Mexican food (my most favorite) and you know it was fancy because they had appetizers. The appetizers where those mini hot dogs wrapped in bacon and spinach tarts. Super fancy huh? It was also fancy because their house was like 15 years old but they still made it look contemporary and they had cool platters and plates. It was just so fun. Also in their back yard they had a big piece of wood with an ax stuck in the middle and I was like "Um What?" But they said that they just practice throwing axes so that's dope. Super fun day.

On Sunday (yesterday) Sister Morgan spoke in sacrament meeting! She talked about living within our means. It went along really well with the new Self Reliance Program! She talked about the following:"Money itself is not evil, its the love of money that is evil. We should not confuse our wants with our needs. Do not spend money upon that which is of no worth (that is somewhere in the book of Jacob) Do not spoil children. Simply teach them to deny themselves. Live modestly. Spend less then you receive and save. Be generous to others. Give more than we can spare."

Brothers and Sisters, I cannot express my love enough for this Gospel. I know that it is what brings true happiness to our souls. I know that we always need to rely on Christ and we need to have unshaken faith in Him. I know that missionary work is the most important work we can do. I am grateful for this time I have to be a missionary. I am grateful for trials because they make me stronger. I am grateful for a loving family and wonderful friends.

Thank you all for your constant love and support. Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Rodabough




No comments:

Post a Comment